Position type: Volunteer, 2.5 hours/week
Start and end date: January-April 2020
Deadline for application: December 15 (apply as soon as possible, because we hire continuously until positions are filled)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Language Partners BC is a volunteer-run organization supporting free one-to-one face-to-face language exchange programs in Vancouver and Victoria, and training community members to be facilitators. We bring together adults from different language backgrounds and provide infrastructure for them to learn languages together and build relationships. Many of the participants are new immigrants or refugees, and our programs are focused on supporting these newcomers in conversation and settlement.
We value diversity, equality, peace, camaraderie, fun, and open-mindedness. We are also serious about assessing our work, refining our programs, and growing to support more people. The long-term goal is to support dozens of diverse language exchange programs across the province.
We are currently looking for childminders for the following language exchange programs:
Day & time
Collingwood Neighbourhood House
|Wednesdays 6:45-8:45 PM||Wednesday Feb 5 - April 1|
|Sundays 3:30-5:30 PM||Sunday Feb 9 - April 5|
- Providing on site child minding for the children of parents who will be participating in the language exchange.
- Preparing materials and activities for the children.
- Arriving 10 minutes early to prepare.
- Communicating with the two facilitators regarding any concerns or updates.
Desired Qualifications (But apply no matter what!):
- Experience child minding.
- Experience in multicultural/multilingual environments.
If you’re interested, email Mary Leighton at email@example.com.
- In the subject heading, please write: Childminder.
- In the email, tell me about your experience and which program you are interested in supporting.
We will contact people as soon as they apply, because we are eager to fill these positions.